Hesed

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

First time for everything

This is my first time to blog. So I thank you for making it here. I actually decided to have a blog not because I had all this wisdom stored up and no podium to share it all. I am doing this for my own personal growth, so if it helps anyone out there then to God be the glory. I don’t even consider myself that wise although I have always tried to surround myself with wise people. My wife (one of those wise people in my life) says that I sometimes sell myself short. Who knows, if you stick with me for very long, one day I might sound like a master scholar and then the next day I might sound like Elmer Fudd.


I guess maybe as part of my first blog I should explain my title: “Hesed.” It is pronounced with two short e’s (not “He said”). Hesed is a Hebrew word that is used for God’s faithful and covenant love. It is a special word that defines God’s love as something that never fails and something that is always loyal. But it is unique because it is based on the covenant that he has established with His people. Jesus said in the new testament that His blood was the new covenant. I like that word because it tells me that God will always love me not because I do things that gain his love but because he has sealed his love towards me by sending His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and shedding His blood. He truly loves me. He offers that same kind of love to everyone as a gift.

I can’t wait to share many more words but if I have anything that might be claimed as wise or helpful, then it will only be by God’s Hesed. Again I don’t consider myself as one who should blog, I simply want to look at Scripture, think about the life God has given me, and maybe share some funny stories about the kids. My wife is going to help me by doing some blogging herself. So we both invite you to come back. It is our hope that as we grow together to be more like Christ, that you might be encouraged in the process and see the Hesed of your Father.

4 Comments:

  • I am so excited about this. You all will do great and it should prove very interesting. Cyber space the new frontier.
    Your blog reminds me of the quote I heard from Winston Churchill "I am not the lion but it is given to me to give the lion's roar" I will be checking in from time to time myself.
    KP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

  • I am so excited about this. You all will do great and it should prove very interesting. Cyber space the new frontier.
    Your blog reminds me of the quote I heard from Winston Churchill "I am not the lion but it is given to me to give the lion's roar" I will be checking in from time to time myself.
    KP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

  • I will definately be back.

    By Blogger Jordan, at 9:41 PM  

  • I will definately be back!

    By Blogger Jordan, at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home