Hesed

Saturday, October 07, 2006

"And the winner is..."

I look like my dog

As I sit here biting my nails and worrying about whether or not my Sooners will beat the Longhorns today, the above website reminds me that some contests are not worth winning. There is only one goal worth accomplishing: "My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death" (Philippians 3:10)."

There is only way to reach that goal: "...let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus..." (Hebrews 12:1-2).

"Run in such a way that you may win. Now everyone who competes exercises self-control in everything. However, they do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly, or box like one who beats the air. Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)." Lord, I never want to live my life aimlessly, so help me to stay focused on the real prize of knowing You....P.S. help the Sooners pulverize the Longhorns too.

1 Comments:

  • Sooners needed to be humbled one more time, so they can finally get it together.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home