Hesed

Monday, November 06, 2006

Grandma is in heaven

Do you have that special someone that always smiles when you walk into the room? I am not talking about just a smirk, but it’s as if the president of the United States just entered their presence. For me, that special person was my grandmother. It didn’t matter if I was coming over for Thanksgiving or I was just dropping off something, grandma always made me feel like I had just made her day. These people are special to us because no one else does that for us. No one else makes us feel so important.

My Grandma passed away last Saturday and I am happy for her because she is now gazing into the eyes of her Savior. She is holding His hand, walking along, and He is telling her how proud He is of her. She and Jesus are together finally and I am happy for her, but I will miss that smile, that excitement in her eyes when I walked into the room. Two things are keeping me from losing it as I write this. One is that smile of Jesus that my grandma received. Now she knows what it is like to feel as cherished as she made me feel. The other is the smiles I am going to get when I enter into eternity, one from Jesus and one from grandma. Grandma gave me the perfect picture of heaven and because of that, she is one of many special people God has placed in my life.

1 Comments:

  • Shout to the Lord. We are heaven bound. Can you just imagine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home