Hesed

Wednesday, November 01, 2006


ZZZZ....ZZZZ

Two days ago, I turned 33 years old. I am at that age where anybody in college and high school will say, “wow, your old,” and yet everyone on the AARP list still calls me a young pup. They always follow it with a “just wait till you get my age.” It’s like I am too young to know anything, but too old to do anything about it. But life is great now. And with God’s grace, I know when I do get that old, life will be great then too because He is in it.

One thing about my birthday is that it always falls around Daylight Savings. As kids I think we liked it when we got to spring forward one hour because we had more time to play outside in the evening. But as I get older, I discover more and more of how much I appreciate that extra hour of sleep in the fall. I mean come on…a whole extra hour of dreamland. That means I get to tack on one more Z onto my ZZZ. I didn’t think twice about this when I was kid. I always heard adults talking about it, but I never knew what it was like. It’s like a whole new world has opened up to me.

Now I know some people hate Daylight Savings. I say we got two states for you to live in: Indiana and Arizona. One cold, one hot. What more could you ask for? I even say why not make Daylight Savings into a holiday. I mean why are we celebrating Labor Day? Oh, yea we get to work. Whoopee. This is an extra hour of sleep we are talking about. Come on, who is with me on this? It would be another opportunity to eat turkey (Gasp!!! food and sleep). It’s true, I love sleep more today than yesterday, but I love the one who makes me sleep even more. He lets me lie down (Psalms 23:2). May our love for Him grow faster than anything else He gives us.

2 Comments:

  • I'm with you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

  • Happy Birthday

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home