Hesed

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Two Fathers, One Choice



I know I am going crazy with the videos now that I have discovered how to blog them. But I could not keep this one to myself.

The Bible says "But as many as received Him (Jesus Christ), to them He (God) gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12-13). So the only ones who can call the One True God their Father are those who recieve Jesus Christ by placing their trust in Him and what He did for them. Now, if someone never places their trust in Jesus, whose child are they? Jesus Himself said to His own people, the Jews, and answers that question: "If God were your Father, you would love Me, because I came from God and I am here. For I didn’t come on My own, but He sent Me. Why don’t you understand what I say? Because you cannot listen to My word. You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me" (John 8:42-45).

Jesus makes it clear. Either God or the Devil is your father. There is no other father to claim. I wish for the sake of those I know who are not Christians that there was a loop hole somewhere, a gray area. But there is only one way to know God as your Father. As a follower of Christ, there are two things I need to keep in mind if I am going convince anyone of this truth. First, when we, Christians, claim to be the only children God has, we do not pull it out of a hat somewhere. We simply tell the world what God has already said about us. Second, we do not and can not condemn anybody else, whether they are muslim, mormon, budhist, etc., or if they claim no religion at all. Again, hear the words of Jesus: "Anyone who believes in Him (Jesus Christ) is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is ALREADY condemned, because he has not believed in the name of One and Only Son of God" (John 3:18). Our job is not to condemn, but only to point out that condemnation. Thus, those who don't follow Christ and only Him, already stand condemned and we have the responsbility to do what we can to relay that message. I look up to these men and women like Al Mohler, Pat Robertson, Billy Graham and his son, who all have the world on their hearts and the gospel on their tongues.

2 Comments:

  • Very good. I liked this video much better. Sounds like Franklin and Pat and probably Dr. Molher now are and will be taking a lot of heat. Pretty true with anyone serving the Lord and standing in his will. Satan works really hard to destroy any good being done.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

  • The devil is working in the workplace in the world but especially in the church and on their pastors, including Dr. Mohler, Rev Graham and Pat Robertson. When the devil is pounding on pastors remember Jesus has already been there and done that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home